Hello again Santa. Do you currently or have you ever experienced a Case of the Mondays? I used to. I happen to love what I do – but I’d still get in a fit on Monday mornings.
So, not too long ago, I figured out a way around the pretend sadness and lethargy that occurs on Mondays at work. Here’s what you do:
1. Go to bed super early on Sunday night, like 8. 9 or 10 at the latest.
2. Get up with a couple hours to spare before you have to be at work.
3. Dress as casual as work permits.
4. Then, on the way in, do things you’d do on a Saturday morning. Have a long breakfast at a diner. Read or watch tv for an hour before getting out of bed. Spend time hanging out with someone, if they’re awake.
5. Finally – when you’re headed in to work, repeat this mantra at least 20 times:
“Today is Sunday. It’s so smart of me to come in today, and get an early start on work next week”
6. When you get to work, get there early. Lounge around for a bit – have a nice, long coffee, chat with co-workers if applicable – and leave ten or twenty minutes to start work early. That’s the bonus – after a while, you’re boss will be all “Damn, this person is great.”